Hazel Mak

11:26 Angela 0 Comments


It's been a while! Well I had the great opportunity to photograph Hazel Mak, an award winning Malawian afrobeat artist. Hazel based in the UK she has been able to take the Malawian music industry by storm and has produced great music which has left other Malawian artists catching up with her success.

Hazel is also an inspiring woman who believes very much in womans rights in her country, in a recent interview she said "The way I see it, as a female musician you are simply underrated just because you are a woman and you’re judged based on narrow-minded caveman-like stereotypes, which I honestly find ridiculous! I think girls need to be raised to be go getters and women should believe that they can achieve anything; that marriage isn’t the only thing they should aim for and that’s what I want to promote, that’s who I am!"







0 comments: