What to do?

13:03 Angela 2 Comments

I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm scared.

Sometimes the fear of the unknown is the best fear. I used to think that everyone needed a career plan. I've asked many people what they wanted to do and most, if not all, had an answer. Then they would ask me and I would say "I don't know". I do, but I don't. It used to be something different every time someone asked me, so I settled with "I don't know". Growing up I always thought you had to know what you wanted to do. You go to college, then university then get a graduate job and progress from there to get to your dream job. I always felt a little bit different. A few years ago I wanted to be a management consultant. I actually didn't know what that was, I just knew I would earn lots of money. Then I moved on to human resource consultant, business analyst, hedge fund manager????  I didn't realise that it was all to do with money, and I guess it was because of that I couldn't stick to what I wanted to do.

Then it came to mee (but secretly kinda knew all along).
 It's the doing of what you love that is the reward, not the money.

*update* (I wrote this a few months ago, but did not actually post)

So fellow graduates and undergraduates and anyone who is reading this! Here is a lovely video that I have watched countless of times which has inspired me to keep on searching so that I can live the most rewarding and fulfilling life!

I know one thing for certain, I want to help the world.


Angela x

2 comments:

  1. "Then I moved on to human resource consultant, business analyst, hedge fund manager????" This bit made me lol!! I feel you and I will tell you what! I have the same issue here but mine is more like I want to do so many things that I actually don't know what to do? I have in mind impacting people's life and being remembered but what job is that? It's a hard work but I guess growing up and doing small small things will help us to find out our dream job! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Benja! I completely understand! I do not know what I want to do, but I have certain goals that I want to achieve so its trying to balance out what you want to do, with living a fulfilling life. I believe both can be achieved. I am learning that even if its just the goals that you have (that's all I have right now) and believe very much in achieving them (I mean your whole being wants to accomplish these goals), opportunities just come to you. God has you! Worrying dissolves into nothing and you will be surprised at how things move along (as long as you put in the work!)

      Delete