Absinthe

15:57 Angela 0 Comments

   (Photo cred, Juan Carlos)

Hello, lovelies

A few weeks back, a few friends and I went to go watch Gabrielle Ducomble

It was an absolutely fabulous night. The sweet sound of the accordion mixed with the acoustic guitar and Ducomble singing French lyrics with her amazing voice made me feel like I was in Paris.  

Persuaded by the alcohol percentage, we ordered the drink Absinthe, unbeknownst to us it was spirit mixed with caramelised sugar and water. I've tried absinthe before (of which the memories makes me cringe a little #unimemories) but because it was under the cocktail menu we assumed that it would be an exotic cocktail.

It came with this contraption...





The sugar was lit on fire, so that it melts and is mixed into the absinthe.



It was left for a few minutes to be infused


The water slowly drips into the absinthe to create a solution like this




After waiting long time, and super eager to drink our drinks, We took a sip and I have to say it is definitely is an acquired taste. I was very tempted to knock it back and shot it (oh, it took a lot of will power not to).  Although it was definitely a lovely experience, I won't be ordering this again. Give me a shot of tequila and I'm a happy woman!

Angela xx


0 comments: