Look what I found!

01:58 Angela 0 Comments

"The trick is to appreciate the mindgames, understanding that they are just games. In fact, all of life and society is just a game, it's for entertainment. There are many ways to pass time, to dance to the music of life, but I personally think that mindgames are the most fun. You say your thoughts are killing you. I felt like that once as well, but then I realised what I've just told you, and I couldn't stop laughing from relief. It's all just a game!

This is a rule that I'm following, it's my motto, I hope it will serve you well: Don't believe in your own bullshit!

I cannot stress that rule enough! If your thoughts are depressing you, then it's bullshit, no doubt. There are no real mental problems, only mental confusion: If you close your eyes to all of that which depresses you, a lack of money, a lack of social interaction, status, whatever it might be... aren't you the same as you've always been? Can't you just... Drop it? Read a book? Play a game?

Society teaches us values that are horribly wrong, such as that we cannot possibly be happy without having a spouse, a lot of money and a job that saves the world or some shit. Understand that you are what makes you happy, and only you. That is how you win the game.

There's a difference between doing the cognitive action of accepting something you've read or heard, and truly understanding it"

0 comments: