What motivates you?

17:29 Angela 0 Comments



What is your motive? What drives you? What keeps you going? What makes you you keep on working on your dreams?

I was extremely fortunate to meet someone who was extremely motivated and ambitious. I don't think they knew it, but their passion to succeed rubbed off on me, and made me believe in my dreams a bit more, no matter how ambitious.

Their willingness to succeed surpassed any person I've met. It got me thinking, what motivated them?
I'm not too sure, I never asked, but it was enough for it to become part of their being.  So then I thought what motivated me, what gets me going? What reason do I have to succeed? I had to think about my why. Who am I doing this for? What am I doing this for? Once I figured that out, everything else became much easier. Working on my dreams didn't feel like a chore, but a stepping stone to something much greater. I also realised your why has to be strong enough to forget about your excuses. Enough for you to continue to push through when you cannot push yourself, even if you are tired, stressed or dissapointed.

In all aspects of your life. Whatever goal you have set yourself. your why has to be strong enough to move you.

For example, do you want to be rich? I guess that's quite an easy one! A lot of us want to be rich, but how many of us actually are? What differentiates those people from others? Their why! What are your reasons to push you? It is not necessarily the acquirement of money that drives the person (although it is for some). But it could also be because of family or to prove something to yourself or others. There are many reasons, it just has to be personal to you.

I didn't fully understand the power of why?. I kinda wanted to be sucessful, but not enough for me to work on my dream everyday. As soon I dug deep enough to find out why I truly wanted to achieve my dreams, it brought me to tears. My reasons, although I won't reveal all, its for a loved one. Working hard and trying to do better than my best in all things that I apply myself to. (it doesn't happen all the time, but you should always try, there will always be good and bad days)

Why am I writing this, because sometimes we forget what or who we are working for and towards and sometimes we just work just to work failing to remember what our bigger goal is. From time to time we need a gentle reminder. I set a task for you, to find out the reason as to why you want to achieve your dreams, and write them down. Keep it safe, and refer back to it when you feel demotivated.

Angela xx

0 comments: