New York

22:56 Angela 0 Comments

First of all, my apologies for the lack of posts, I have been on holiday, but I'm back now and settled. I'll be trying to write a lot more posts in the coming weeks.

So, I went to New York and I had an amazing time. It was a a great trip, I met some old family friends, I haven't seen for more than 10 years so it was lovely to see everyone all grown up! One of which we got to see get married. The beautiful couple had a traditional Nigerian engagement ceremony, the wedding and reception then a thanksgiving service at church. It was an amazing three day event.

We stayed in an apartment in Brooklyn. Brooklyn has a really chilled out vibewhich was decorated marvelously. (I wish I had taken pictures) it was a three bed apartment which could accommodate 6 people. We shared the apartment with other wedding guests. It was equipped with essentials such as pots & pans, washing up liquid, kettle and plates and cutlery. We had to buy food ourselves. Although after the fifth day, the basement (where we stayed) was flooded, and so had to deal with the smell of damp for rest of our stay. 

It took about 20-30 minutes to Manhattan, depending on where you were going by subway. 

Manhattan is amazing! So fast-paced, in comparison to Brooklyn which is chilled out. There are so many people and so many things to do in Manhattan. I adored the atmosphere of the city! I now know why people love it so much! New Yorkers are very nice and you can never run out of things to do there! Also it's hard to get lost! Although there is one thing very common in with Brooklyn and Manhattan. Food. Food is everywhere, no matter what time of the day there is always food! Even after 10 days, I still couldn't get used to how much food there was!

I only got to take a few pictures of the time I spent in New York, I forgot to take my memory card with me when I went exploring. But I've taken quite a few on my phone, those will be up later!


One of many tour buses!



Gucci, inside Macy's


Yellow taxis!

Am I your No.1?



Empire State Building

0 comments: